I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Gospel Message Day 146

Creation

I think I've begun to repeat myself on the last topic. So, time for a new one! The Creation is part of the Plan of Salvation. This Conference talk by Elder Nelson really breaks down and explains the Creation. In coming days, I'll probably use quotes from this talk to give me direction in what to talk about.

To start off the first day, I had a Primary song come to mind, which actually goes with this quote:

The entire Creation was planned by God. A council in heaven was once convened in which we participated. There our Heavenly Father announced His divine plan. It is also called the plan of happiness, the plan of salvation, the plan of redemption, the plan of restoration, the plan of mercy, the plan of deliverance,  and the everlasting gospel. The purpose of the plan is to provide opportunity for the spirit children of God to progress toward an eternal exaltation.

The song was one I first started learning in California on vacation. When I returned home to Delaware and found them learning it there, too, I had my first glimpse of what being part of a worldwide Church meant. I've loved the song ever since.
This is a bit more about the Plan, but the Creation was part of that plan. The world needed to be created so that we could have a testing ground--and it is a most wondrous and glorious testing ground! I love how the newer temple presentations all seem to pay moments of homage to God's amazing creations all around us. I never tire of reveling in the Lord's beauty. Which means I have to end with this song because now it is in my head:

No comments: