I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Thursday, February 5, 2015

Gospel Message Day 134

Prayer - Requests, Part 3

The most important part of asking for anything through prayer is personal humility. One of the worst things of this day is people's sense of entitlement. They think that they deserve whatever they want. Some are worse than that--they believe they should be allowed to have anything that anyone else has (whether or not they want or need it).

That is not how any wise parent works. Wise parents (especially our Heavenly parents) know that their children should not be given everything they want. People should have to work for things that they need and want. And even then, some times we won't get those things. And yet our lives will still be fine. We'll be more appreciative of what we do have and what we have done to obtain it. But even more, we will more easily be able to recognize (and acknowledge) the Lord's hand in what we have received/accomplished.

No comments: