I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Gospel Message Day 154

I'm pausing in the topic to talk a little about tonight's Institute lesson. So, so good. Each one of them is. Today we talked about filling the measure of our creation--what all it means, how Mormon and Moroni did so, and how we can do so in our lives.

We started the lesson listening to this talk by Elder Holland's wife. I got close to tears a few times--this hit home so much for me right now. I would never have guessed that this was a topic I needed in my life at this point, but it was perfect.

It wasn't necessarily that I have been wondering what my role is right now. But as we talked about it, the Spirit reminded me of ways in the past that I have worked on filling the measure of my creation. There were warnings about not trying to fill something up which is not intended for me. And there was a gently suggestion that perhaps I should step back and evaluate how well I'm doing right now in trying to fill my measure--looking at what I've done (and done well at) and seeing where and how I can improve.

But the biggest thing that I took away immediately (for I'm sure there will be plenty else as I ponder more on this) was that the key to my peace, assurance, and happiness right now with the trials I've been dealing with is to focus on filling the measure of my creation. All the rest will be in the Lord's hands and in His timing, and as I seek to fulfill the role(s) my Savior has in mind for me, I will also find myself being an instrument in His hand and becoming more of who He and I both want me to be.

No comments: