I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Gospel Message Day 147

Creation, Part 2

I looked up some scriptures about Jesus being the Creator. These were the ones that stood out to me.

2 Nephi 9:5 
Yea, I know that ye know that in the body he shall show himself unto those at Jerusalem, from whence we came; for it is expedient that it should be among them; for it behooveth the great Creator that he suffereth himself to become subject unto man in the flesh, and die for all men, that all men might become subject unto him.

It is awesome (in the original sense of the word) that He who created everything on this earth, would come to it to experience pain, sorrow, grief as well as happiness and joy. It is also sad to know that He who gave us everything was treated as He was in His life. I know that it had to be to bring about more of the Plan of Salvation, but I still have found it tragic. Yet that's another way we know that He was the only one who could go through the Atonement and Resurrection. He had the power to lay down His life, and to take it up again.

2 Nephi 29:7
Know ye not that there are more nations than one? Know ye not that I, the Lord your God, have created all men, and that I remember those who are upon the isles of the sea; and that I rule in the heavens above and in the earth beneath; and I bring forth my word unto the children of men, yea, even upon all the nations of the earth?

I love the beauty and the reassurance from this scripture that Jesus remembers every single one of us. He created our bodies for our Spirits. He created the world in this those souls could live, grow, laugh, love, and be tried.

Mosiah 3:8
And he shall be called Jesus Christ, the Son of God, the Father of heaven and earth, the Creator of all things from the beginning; and his mother shall be called Mary.

Even the Creator has a mom. :-) A Heavenly one as well as an earthly one. And, as with the first scripture I shared, we can see that He truly condescended below all things.

Doctrine & Covenants 29:30-32 
But remember that all my judgments are not given unto men; and as the words have gone forth out of my mouth even so shall they be fulfilled, that the first shall be last, and that the last shall be first in all things whatsoever I have created by the word of my power, which is the power of my Spirit.
For by the power of my Spirit created I them; yea, all things both spiritual and temporal—
First spiritual, secondly temporal, which is the beginning of my work; and again, first temporal, and secondly spiritual, which is the last of my work
Everything was created spiritually, before it was created physically. This includes each of us. We were spirits first, and then our bodies were created. I don't know for sure, but I would think this counts as well for things in nature. Pocahontas may have had it right in her "Colors of the Wind" song! 

No comments: