I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Friday, February 6, 2015

Gospel Message Day 135


Not ready for a new topic this evening. I just want to testify that Heavenly Father knows His children perfectly. He knew how I was feeling this evening. He knew the emotional difficulty I've had this week. And though I would have been fine it I'd followed through with my previous plans, he put into my mind another option that would be beneficial in other ways. Empty wells cannot fill buckets. Or perhaps a better analogy would be runners who haven't had the proper rest and fuel aren't going to make it very far along the course. I can't get out their socially and be very effective if the idea of leaving the house is about to bring me to tears. No need forcing myself. It's not like any one there is going to miss me when I'm not there. And there will be other opportunities for me.

I some times forget in my quest to do and be and give what I can to help the Lord out in my single situation that I do not have to do and be and give ALL the time. It is OK to occasionally step back. Breathe. Relax. As long as I don't get comfortable and stay away from it all. So I am grateful that the Lord knows where I am and reminded me that I could take a break this evening. My opportunities will not cease because I took a night off.

And what a fabulous night off it has been!

No comments: