I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Gospel Message Day 132

Prayer - Requests

So, I may not say much about this topic with its particular sub-topic. I didn't realize I had subtopics in prayers, so there will likely be overlap from the 7-part prayer posts in October. But I think it really good that I drew this today, for I just had an experience with this.

Over the last week, I had a lot that I had been contemplating and trying to figure out. I knew I could not get anywhere in what to do, how to act, how to think, etc. without help. And I knew the only one who could help was Heavenly Father. Sometimes I feel like I shouldn't trouble Heavenly Father with such seemingly trivial things. It meant a lot to me when I heard President Monson say:

"[O]ur Heavenly Father is aware of our needs and will help us as we call upon Him for assistance. I believe that no concern of ours is too small or insignificant. The Lord is in the details of our lives."

Nothing too small or insignificant. Heavenly Father cares about what I care about. So I spent the next few days asking what I should do. I was hoping for some answers which would help me know how to act, but I felt that action was required to obtain those answers.

I received small promptings, of which I prayed about each one before I followed them because I wanted to be absolutely sure they were from Heavenly Father through the Spirit, and not of my own mind. And today I received the main answer that I was hoping for. It actually was along the lines of what I had already surmised for myself, and was a reassurance that I was correct in that and can now confidently act accordingly. Very much a relief.

No comments: