I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Here It Comes

Day 151

All day busy. Running around. Last minute preparations. Organizing. Ah, yes.

I love Summer Reading--and that this year it will be so much more enjoyable!!

Today's Smile: The little boy who asked for book recommendations and enjoyed telling me what he has liked and what he thinks I will like.

Today's Something New: I watched the rest of "Gods and Generals" and all of "Gettysburg" today. So many names floating all over, I wanted to keep them straight. I also wanted to know what was accurate of this movie based on a fictional book based on an actual event. So as generals were named, I looked up information about them. Interesting to see the simple facts given. "Gettysburg" drives home the sorrow of very good friends Armistead and Hancock fighting on opposite sides--on the very same battleground. But seeing some of the facts, there were so many more who faced similar personal struggles and sorrows. It truly was a war of brother against brother, friend against friend. It continues to open my mind more to, well, more.

No comments: