I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Something Small

Day 137

A moment of inspiration. And, yes, I do mean from the Lord. It was rainy and icky out. And had already been run-off-our-feet busy. And all the teens came tramping in after school. They get worse and worse (aka louder and rowdier) as the school year draws to a close. Many have no where to go until a parent or someone is at home, or one can pick them up to take them home. (Whatever happened to buses?) So they stay with us out of necessity, but the relations can get pretty strained as they yell and throw things across the building.

Thus, today--being completely off desk at the time they were coming up, I had my inspiration.

Go check the TV in the closet and see if it not only works, but is connected to a DVD that works, too.

And, well, it did. They did. So I grabbed a movie and managed to get 10 teens (a couple of them among the most rowdy) in to watch. Well, "watch." They talked and lounged around and all. But all of us librarians preferred they do so in the auditorium bothering no one instead of the rest of the building bothering everyone. 

And it made for so much of a better day--for all of us!!

Even in something like that, I'm grateful the Lord inspires me with the Spirit to make for a bit of happiness and ease among us all.

No comments: