I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Monday, May 23, 2011

The Middle

Day 143

I worked my first split shift at this job today. I had five hours to do whatever I wished in the middle of the day. So, I went home. And read. And watched "Avonlea" episodes. The only downside to the time was I was afraid to get too involved in something (e.g. a nap) for fear of losing track of time and not getting back in time. Still, the split in the day was nice. A refreshing and renewing few hours that made closing at night a lot easier.

Missing the crazy-rude-teens-after-school hours wasn't too bad either.

I am grateful for a rare chance from the Lord to relax in the middle of the work day!

1 comment:

Bri... only she said...

I love when I get to go home in the middle of the day too. Sometimes I think we should follow suit of some European countries that take a big siesta break in the middle of the afternoon. Pregnancy has converted me even more to this idea. What ever happened to naptime?