I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Monday, May 30, 2011

Ways to Remember

Day 150

I watched a few military movies and documentaries to remind me of the true meaning of Memorial Day. It helps me to exactly what we are supposed to do--remember.

I loved seeing all the many flowers at the cemetery by my home. I'm becoming attached to that cemetery, and I sometimes feel sorrowful for the many graves without flowers. But today, the entire place is well-laden with beautiful flowers and visitors. It is a lovely sight for a Memorial Day.

And I still got to have a barbecue with my family. And part of our discussions included our grandfathers who fought for our country and the preservation of our freedoms.

It may have been my coldest Memorial Day ever, but my soul and my heart were warm, and I'm grateful the Savior gave me that.

Today's Smile: The many from my niece as I played the game I'd given her for her birthday. Of course, I enjoyed all of the smiles my nieces and nephew gave me throughout my visit--just for coming, during the movies, as we ate, for sitting by them....

Today's Something New: I learned that a "wing chair" (aka "wing-back chair"is an easy chair or club chair with "wings" mounted to the back of the chair typically but not always stretching down to the arm rest. I've heard the name before, but never knew what it referred to. Our family had two of these when I was growing up. They were excellent for nap-taking.

2 comments:

Ramona Zabriskie said...

THANK YOU for the reminder that it is Memorial Day - a fact too easily forgotten while in a foreign country. Remember, remember.

Christy Monson said...

I love Memorial Day. It is very peaceful for me to visit the family graves and remember those who gave us life and taught us who we are. Christy Monson