I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Day of Rest


Day 121

We had our first Stake Conference of our brand new stake today. It is interesting to watch a stake being created. A ward (or branch) I’ve seen created twice before. But I don’t remember seeing a stake being created (though I know it occurred when I was much younger). It’s rather neat. And the spirit testified to me of our new leaders being who the Lord wants for us.

Stake Conference was pretty early, which meant I had an entire afternoon to myself! So I took a walk to the park because the weather was so beautiful. I walked a couple of miles and had a glorious time. Especially knowing when I got home, I’d have a meal waiting for me in the Crock Pot.

It was relaxing, soothing, and reassuring Sabbath day, and I am very grateful for it.

No comments: