I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Friday, October 31, 2014

Gospel Message Day 36

A Day of Gratitude

I just got back from a dance that was about 1.5 hours away. I knew I should have blogged before I went down, but I was at work. When would I have had time? So you're just going to get a late/early post tonight. :-) It's much too late to start on a whole new topic. And I honestly can't think more on the topic I've been in the middle of. So, I'm just going to do a quick post on current gratitudes. Because I can never say enough about the things I have been blessed with and which I'm grateful for. And that the Lord blesses me both great and small.

I'm grateful for the social opportunities that I've been able to have lately. They have been a lot of fun while also forcing me out of my introvert comfort zone.

I'm grateful that I've been able to achieve my goal in the last month of meeting a new person at each social event I have attended. It hasn't been easy, but I have been meeting more. Expanding my list of friends and acquaintances which is nice. I'm actually starting to recognize people at different functions and I feel like I'm succeeding in not falling into hermit status.

I'm grateful I got to see my Freshman Breakfast Club friend VG. I haven't seen her in years! I'm also grateful I was able to see my Virginia friend CP. Amazing how many people I have been blessed to meet during all my walks of life, and even more amazing when our paths cross again. I'm pretty sure the Lord is in that!

I'm grateful I had a chance to attend another dance. I do love to dance. I'm not very good at it. But I love it. It's my favorite kind of exercise, too.

I'm grateful that our new friend joined us in carpooling up to the Halloween party. I like deepening friendships more than I like making them. So it's nice to get the chance to work on that.

I'm grateful that my favorite (and the best!) West Coast swing partner was there tonight, and that I got to dance with him!. TWICE!!!! Oh my goodness, I think I was on a high from that the whole drive home. Possibly still am.

I'm grateful I have my job and that it is never dull.

I'm grateful that I'm finally able to get to know the teens in my library and that we are forming friendships. It only took 3.75 years for us to figure out what way to reach them.

I'm grateful for the regulars at work who make me smile and appreciate my service.

I'm grateful my house is still standing. Each day. :-)

I'm grateful for the sleep that is coming. Such excitement!

I'm grateful for the anticipation of temple service tomorrow.

I'm grateful for the Halloween season and the time of year when other people completely accept my love of dressing up.

I'm grateful for my life. It is so wonderful and marvelous and amazing and full of great joy. My favorite Cross Country song is right: It's good to be alive!!


Each and every day I always have innumerable things to be grateful for, and I can never thank my Heavenly Father enough for them. But I believe He reads all of it in my heart and in my smile.

No comments: