I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Gospel Message Day 13

Priesthood Blessings, Part 2

Another kind of priesthood blessing I have had in my life is father's blessings. I don't really know how to explain in my own words what a father's blessing is. My father, as a patriarch in our home, gave us blessings before school started as well as whenever we asked if we felt we needed one. The blessings were similar to those of comfort. They provided peace and guidance and reassurance. I guess, in essence, a father's blessing is a blessing of comfort--but even more special because it came from my dad.

Many of my blessings of comfort have come from home teachers, close friends, and brothers. There is something very different with having a blessing from my father. A blessing of any kind. For one, there is no one else in the world who can claim the connection I have with my father. And for another, my dad is the earthly representative for and of my Heavenly Father. I have no greater relationship in my life than with my Heavenly Father. So to have his earthly substitute give me a blessing, it's like the next best thing.

No comments: