I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Saturday, October 25, 2014

Gospel Message Day 30

Developing Our Talents, Part 3

I know. Technically it is quite early the next day. However, I'm still up, so my day is still going. Yeah. Since it is quite late...or early...I'll continue on a bit more about the topic we've been on. I'm going to list  some of my talents that come to mind right. I don't want to do this to brag. I do it to acknowledge to myself what I perceive I have, as well as to give you an idea that some things not generally considered as a talent really are. So here we go. I have a talent for:

Singing
Playing the Piano
Playing the Organ*
Playing with hair/creating hairstyles
Working with teenagers
Reading out loud
Making faces
Identifying, understanding, & imitating accents*
Multi-tasking
Being organized
Smiling
Goodwill Cosplaying*
Keeping a clean home (except for my one allowed Spot of Mess)
Imagining things
Period Drama discussion
Remembering
Quoting movies
Laughing freely and whole-heartedly
Accepting compliments*
Book talking
Self-control
Enjoying exercise
Writing in excess (especially when getting out thoughts, feelings, etc)

* = more recent ones that I am working on

Believe it or not, but each of these really can be used in helping to build the Lord's kingdom. Some may seem like a stretch to you. But they really be of use there. Sometimes the challenge is trying to see how you can use your talents to help others. It might not be easy, but it will be worth it--especially to those you were able to help.


No comments: