I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Friday, October 10, 2014

Gospel Message Day 16

Priesthood Blessings, Part 5

This one is one of the more odd-sounding blessings, but it is one I witnessed just last week as well as a year ago for my own cousin: dedication of a grave. A priesthood holder consecrates the grave as a resting place for the deceased person. It is usually very simple and short. Not really sure of the history behind this blessing--how we came to know about it, etc. I know that my brother-in-law ironically taught a lesson on this a few years ago...and the Sunday happened to be Halloween. :-)

But I do know that the times I have been present for the dedication of a grave, they were reverent, beautiful, and peaceful experiences. So maybe I don't fully understand all of the why, but I'm grateful for the what of it.

No comments: