I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Friday, October 17, 2014

Gospel Message Day 23

Prayers, Part 7

For my last day on this topic, I just wanted to simply state that I would be lost without prayer. It is my lifeline to my Heavenly Father, made possibly through my Savior, Jesus Christ. It is one of the greatest blessings I have--the opportunity and ability to speak with my Daddy whenever I want, about whatever I want. And even better--I know that He is listening, and that He will answer.

I feel that Elder Scott--for whom I have a tender spot ever since meeting him (twice!)--sums up all I've been trying to say the last few days in absolutely the best way possible when he said the following in General Conference just two weeks ago:

Choose to converse with your Father in Heaven often. Make time every day to share your thoughts and feelings with Him. Tell Him everything that concerns you. He is interested in the most important as well as the most mundane facets of your life. Share with Him your full range of feelings and experiences.
Because He respects your agency, Father in Heaven will never force you to pray to Him. But as you exercise that agency and include Him in every aspect of your daily life, your heart will begin to fill with peace, buoyant peace. That peace will focus an eternal light on your struggles. It will help you to manage those challenges from an eternal perspective.
Parents, help safeguard your children by arming them morning and night with the power of family prayer. Children are bombarded every day with the evils of lust, greed, pride, and a host of other sinful behaviors. Protect your children from daily worldly influences by fortifying them with the powerful blessings that result from family prayer. Family prayer should be a nonnegotiable priority in your daily life.


And to end, a slew of prayer songs for you, because I love to share music. :-)






One I just heard tonight at a David Osmond concert.

Sang the following at a stake Relief Society meeting with guest Sister Julie B. Beck, who has blessed my life in ways she will never know from the words she delivered over the 6 years she was one of my YW/RS leaders. A fitting blessing from the Lord was when he had the choir director ask me to sing the opening part as a solo. A small way to say thank you to the woman who told me that every day I could look "forward to new adventures with hope smiling brightly before" me, and that I had a Mother Heart. I had the chance to sing a prayer that is always within my heart.

 

A song many know that is just too beautiful not to share. The feelings I have each time I listen to this song--those of peace, joy, renewal, lifting up, strength, hope, confidence--that is what prayer brings me.

No comments: