I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Saturday, October 11, 2014

Gospel Message Day 17

Priesthood Blessings, Part 6

For my last day on this topic, I thought I would ignore the more specific kinds of blessings and go with the general blessings come from Priesthood. My life has been significantly blessed because of priesthood power being in it. Of course, there have been the blessings that I have mentioned in previous days and the ways that has affected my peace of mind, my health, my direction, my choices, my discernment. Well, it has affected lots more than that. I just can't think of other words right now. :-) (Sorry, lots on the mind. Might not be the best time to be blogging, but I'm going out tonight and might not get a chance before the day ends.)

Anyway. Priesthood power in my life has given me a sense of security, both physical as well as spiritual. Having that power in my home as I grew up, I felt protected because I knew my father and later brothers were able to exercise that power for the good of our home and family members. To heal us, to dedicate our home, to guide us in times of trial or times of joy. The Primary song is right: "every hour [was] blessed by the strength of Priesthood power."

But
Priesthood power didn't just bless the home I grew up in (as well as my subsequent homes). It has blessed me at school, at work, in society, in travel, and in having fun. I believe that power has helped me improve my skills and talents by knowing what to work on, where to do that, and how to do so. It has influenced my desires for good. It has helped me to be organized in life's tasks, great and small. The Priesthood has brought me an everlasting joy because I know the source of that power is my Savior Jesus Christ.

No comments: