I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Crazy, but Steadfast

Day 243

It's no secret. At least, I don't try to hide it. Because I know. I know I'm crazy. I mean, come on: -I find emotional solace in a stuffed turtle.
-I am a female who does not like chocolate. (Never mind the cravings--that's a completely different matter.)
-I have times when I long to be in a room full of people, but don't want to speak to them or have any of them speak to me.
-I delight in such combinations as pickles and applesauce; fried eggs and fresh peaches; or hot dogs, cheese, cinnamon, salsa, and oatmeal.
-I talk to myself. Out loud. A well-known fact among my co-workers.

Ah, well. It's all part of the joy of being me.

Today was no different as I was going through review journals and updating on the computer what I would like to order and how many copies. So when I was intending to mark "1" and kept typing "2," this was me chastising myself:

"One. No--one."

To which my co-worker walking by wondered aloud to me, "Did you just say Mormon?"

I laughed as I corrected her. Then she replied, "Good, 'cause I was thinking, well, we know you are."

It was a funny interlude--and probably funnier to those of us present.

But the inner smile that came from it was knowing that I'm doing at least something right in order for others around me to know who I am, and what I stand for.

No comments: