I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Friday, August 6, 2010

Fit to Perfect Happiness

Day 218

I had some clothes hanging around that needed exchanging. I didn't want them as soon as I left the store with them, and I've lost weight and inches since buying them 7 months ago. Unfortunately, I had thrown away the receipt. So exchange was the only option. But the whole thing was upsetting, and I put them out of sight to be out of mind. With the move and busy summer, I actually forgot about the clothes!

With that loss of weight, I've been needing clothes, but couldn't really afford them. Recently I started to want clothes, too. I've felt so ugly, unattractive, and sometimes gross in these clothes that are literally hanging on me. And finally I remembered the clothes I could exchange for others.

So, I went. I tried on all kinds of styles and sizes, because I didn't know what would fit or look good on me any more. And was it a shock to see some styles actually look all right on me--for once! Or to see some of the smaller sizes that I was fitting into. Sizes I never in my life thought I would ever be in.

I still had to be very selective, as I couldn't afford all that fit or looked nice on me. And I realized I could employ one of my tricks that I use to help me not buy many other (non-clothes) items. I took pictures. Yep. Had my phone with me, with which I can now take and retrieve pictures. So I took pictures of me in the clothes. A little silly, yes. But I can look at the pictures for a couple of months and see how well I looked. Then after a bit, I'll be past it and still be happy--without being out money I do not have.

However, I did manage to buy some clothes (that still make me smile to think about them), and all for under what I had planned. I can handle not having any new clothes for another year. Besides, at this rate, next year I'll be needing a whole lot more than just a few fitting items to stretch out the already-too-large wardrobe.

It feels fantastic to look good, feel good, fit in clothes, leave a store in smiles instead of dejected self-esteem, and know that I made wise financial decisions, stuck to a budget, and am thrilled with my (early) birthday present to me.

No comments: