I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Monday, August 30, 2010

The Worth of a Smile

Day 242

I woke knowing I needed a boost for the day. So I wore The Birthday Dress. Immediate happiness. Should I be allowed to feel so pretty? And wow did it affect my day. Very happily.

I was fine being around people again. I enjoyed conversations with my co-workers. I took care of the little to-do's that came up from my superiors. My co-worker and I completed my YA display (focus: Banned books--yay!!). I began a preliminary count of the leftover SRP prizes. I cleared off the last of the piles at my desk. I was able to distract myself from the last little remnants of the headache, but still take things easy so I didn't make anything worse. I came to a completion of a weekend's work of accepting--and doing so happily and even with some good anticipation--a very big change that I only just learned about. This was huge and important for me.

But most importantly, I had a smile. All day long.

No comments: