I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Voice of Friendship

Day 244

I put forth my effort and worked out the stress that was to start. In fact, it wasn't even going to be much of a stress at all.

Good thing I'd worked it out.

'Cause today just kept bombarding me with new stresses I hadn't even thought to expect. No one did. It hit our entire library over the head. I didn't know what to think at first. But as the day wore on, I got more and more upset. I didn't realize just how upset I was until my best friend called. I used to tell them everything. (Well...almost everything.) But circumstances of late and their immense stress and much more have kept me keeping my confidences to myself over the summer. Yet along with the joy once I heard my best friend's voice, I also wanted to simply spill out everything. While crying.

But I didn't. I managed to contain myself and not add more stress and difficulty to them.

I suppose it's an odd gratitude, and not one I know quite how to explain, but one I'm grateful for all the same.

No comments: