I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Saturday, September 4, 2010

A full and happy day

Day 247

Another day of many joys and happinesses:

-Waking up at a good hour on a day off.

-Cleaning my home because I want to, while listening to music that always makes me smile.

-Cinderellering the kitchen floor. Well, almost. I need to buy a brush so I don't have to use an old rag. But at least my feet aren't sticking anymore. Ick.

-A thorough vacuuming of the chapel.

-A sore right arm, reminding me that my bicep is still not as strong as it was over a year ago, but at least the pain from last year is over and leaves me with an arm that works.

-An afternoon nap. Gratitude for those will never end.

-BYU Football!!!! Even if I only have access to the radio and the little cartoon football figure plays and stats updates, it still is one of the happiest parts of my year.

-And to think of some of my family members getting to be together for the game.

-And to hear all of those BYU Hall of Famers and the amazing LaVell Edwards announced at the halftime show. *sniff* Raised in a BYU alum household, with a bunch of brothers, and BYU Football games whenever possible/available--these are names I know as well as my own cousins. (Uh...maybe more...)

-Cupcakes. I love that word. Love it! And the cupcakes themselves are a happy thing, too. In this case, I needed to use up eggs and carrots that my roommie asked I use while she is away. So, I found a carrot cupcake recipe that I adapted with oats and cocoa. And they are delicious. With so many that I can freeze for later.

I really am grateful that there are so many little happy things that--at least, at this time when I really need them--do not seem little to me.

No comments: