I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Friday, September 10, 2010

Let Me Fall

Day 253

I think I can say it is official without worry of Indian Summer: Fall is here! I could feel it in every particle of air as I walked to my car this morning. It was magnificent! Gorgeous! Glorious!!!!

That was one of the fastest smiles I've had in some time, and it felt so good to feel my beautiful autumn returning! I'd had a glimpse of it for three days with the fallen, brown maple leaf that had gotten stuck under my windshield wipers, which I refused to remove because it made me so happy. But now it isn't just a glimpse. It's the feeling and excitement and joy and expectation.

I even managed to take a real lunch and went outside to read. With the beautiful wind, I was chilly! Of course, that isn't any wonder since I was comfortable in the over 90 + humidity all summer. Still. I was willing to brave the chilly breeze to love being in the coming of my favorite season.

Yay for Autumn!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Isn't it So beautiful?!!? Do you enjoy poetry? I have read this poem a million times but it hit me really hard yesterday when I went outside in the autumn air and really digested it. I suggest you go outside, think about the ripeness of life and the beauty of this season, and enjoy John Keat's "To Autumn".

http://englishhistory.net/keats/poetry/toautumn.html