I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Our Apartment, Our Home

Day 265

I've been in a new living situation for the last ~4 months. Before that, I was working through an odd landlord-renter relationship. Before that, I had the indescribable joy of my very own place (dotted occasionally here and there with a weekend roommate). Now I am back in the situation of having a roommate 24/7. (Though this is the first time in my roommate history that I've had my own room!!!!) She is Roommate #38 for me (if you don't count the pseudo-ones over the last couple of years). I think it's safe to say I've done a lot of learning and adjusting when it comes to roommates. In personalities as well as living habits.

With Roommate #38, there have been adjustments. Not what I expected, but have not affected our friendship negatively. In fact, it's been really nice to room with an already bona fide friend.

But tonight as we laughed over our Star Trek Voyager, and cleaned up the water I sprayed all over the place, and snacked on our various forms of chocolate, and sighed about the ending of Lord of the Rings, it came to me that she is one of the best roommates and creating one of the happiest living situations that I have ever had.

I am so grateful to her, for her friendship, and for the home she offers to and shares with me.

No comments: