I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Thursday, September 17, 2015

Gospel Message Day 358

Jesus - Father

LDS members often have to clarify to other Christian religions (and non-Christian too perhaps!) that we believe the Godhead are 3 separate beings. Thus confusion can easily set in when they hear us refer to Jesus as the father. But it's more that He is a father, not the father, and certainly not Father with a capital F. As a father, it refers to his being the father of our spiritual salvation.

Heavenly Father is the Father of our soul. Our souls exist because of him. But because of the Fall, we would have been lost if Christ had not paid for our souls with His life. It was impossible for us to pay the price ourselves. Only He, who was perfect, could do so. We owe Him our lives for what He did. Buying our souls back for us makes Him another father to our souls. For when Christ bought our souls back for us, He gave us the chance to live again. Our souls were born again--and free to choose our own destiny.

No comments: