I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Thursday, September 10, 2015

Gospel Message Day 351

Atonement - Sins

This is usually what hat people most associate with the Atonement. In Gethsemane and then again on the cross, Christ atoned for our sins. This was the price the He paid for us, so that we could return to Heavenly Father if we are obedient to His commandments. If the price hadn't been paid, we would have been in the adversary's grasp. We would have been miserable forever. Now we have a chance  to choose our own destiny by the choices we make. And no matter which Kingdom our actions put us in, they will be so much better than where we would have had to stay if Christ had not made the Atonement. Of course, let us hope we aim for the highest kingdom, for only there will we be able to progress.

How grateful I am that my Savior paid the price so that instead of being eternally captive, we are free to choose our destiny according to how we live.

No comments: