I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Sunday, September 6, 2015

Gospel Message Day 347

Heavenly Father, Part 2

I feel that the most important person in our lives should have more than just one post to Him. But then I also feel I've been talking about him for months! So I figured I would do one more post, in which I simply bore my testimony of my Father in Heaven.

I know that God is the Father of our spirits. I know that He came up with the Plan of Salvation, for us to have a  chance to prove ourselves to Him. He is fair and just in the execution of the Plan, even though it comes at a great cost to Him. So many of His children will not be able to return to Him. I'm sure He would have loved to make sure we all made it back. But the only way for that was to take away our agency, our choices--which would prevent us from any growth. That was Satan's plan. It was not Father's. Because such a plan would be a disservice to us. We would be stuck in progression. And we would be undeserving of anything we received.

I like justice, and I like mercy. I am very grateful that Heavenly Father loves us so much that He designed a Plan which included both.

I know my Father loves each of us. I especially know He loves me because I see His hand multiple times each day in my life. I know He is ever mindful of me, and wants the best for me. I know He is patient with me and the countless mistakes I make. I know He is forgiving. I know He hears me. I know my Father lives, and because He lives, my life has been given its possibility, its purpose, its direction, its meaning, and its every joy.

I love my Heavenly Daddy. I will be forever grateful that I am His eternal daughter.

No comments: