I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Gospel Message Day 343

Church of Jesus Christ Today, Part 2

So, yesterday I talked about the organization of the Church, and how it is the same as the Church in former times. Today, I wanted to talk about how the works of the Church are the same, too. Christ spent His whole ministry, and likely all His life before that, serving others. That is how we are to live now. We serve others as the Savior did, because it is what He would want and it is how we show our love and commitment to Him.

We also share the Gospel with any one who will listen. Paul was among many missionaries, and we are blessed to have his journeys and teachings recorded. He is a great example of persistence and love in sharing the Gospel. That is the best way for us to serve as well.

We make covenants and perform sacred ordinances. We have a temple. We meet together oft to fast, pray, sing, and edify each other. We believe in family relationships and building them up. We believe in reading and studying the scriptures. We believe in kindness, generosity, patience, and "all those good qualities." :-) So long as we follow Christ in the Church that He established Himself, we will be in the right path.

No comments: