I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Gospel Message Day 349

Honesty, Part 2

I'm sure everyone has experienced being lied to. And many times we find out we were lied to. I may be far off, but I'm going to take a wild guess that that nobody liked to be lied to. When someone does that we feel betrayed, confused, hurt, and we lose trust in the person. How are we to believe any of their words or actions? Lying can shatter someone in so many ways. If we know how terrible it is to be lied to, why would we in turn lie to anyone? Why would we not be honest in our thoughts, words, and actions? We aren't protecting ourselves or any one else if we do that. We're hurting others when we are dishonest, including ourselves. We also hurt the Lord and our Father when we are not honest with others (or with ourself). It hurts them to see us hurting their brothers and sisters/children.

No comments: