I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Gospel Message Day 356

Family Responsibilities

Well, that could include all kinds of things! So let me see how to write this with the Gospel perspective and relation.

To start, I guess I would state that the central unit in the Kingdom of God is the family. The most important organization is the family, which means the responsibilities to and within are many and great. We have a responsibility to care for each other--emotionally, physically, religiously. Parents particularly have this responsibility, as well as caring financially. There is the responsibility to teach. The responsibility to protect. The responsibility to provide. The responsibility to love. The responsibility to support. Depending on our role in the family, the responsibility will vary in degree or depth. But we are all responsible for each other. That is why Heavenly Father put us into families--so we could watch out for and take care of each other and help each other reach the potential He sees in us.

No comments: