I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Well...whatever

Day 202

Headway with SRP prizes. Dividing among 3, and with over 18000 individual items of varying qualities, quantities, sizes, ages, and, uh, other factors...it has been quite the exercise for my already tired brain.

So when I realized as I left work that I forgot to complete a storytime for tomorrow and forgot to eat during the day, well, I guess it was a relief to know that neither one of those made me stress more. It just made me laugh.

I think perhaps this job is helping me to become more easy-going and slightly less harder on myself. I hope any how.

And

One other thing of gratitude for today that I didn't want to let pass over. I got an unexpected phone call from a friend. Most calls from them are unexpected because I rarely expect this friend to call. At least, not for any out-of-the-blue-no-purpose-behind-it phone calls. Which, are the kind that I like best. And because I like them so much, I try not to ever let myself look forward to them, because then I just get disappointed when they don't come. So, it's a surprise to me when the phone rings and the ID points identifies my friend. But when it's a call for no real reason than just...to call, it's an even greater surprise.

So, while I'm still blown away and even a bit confused that a call came this evening, I'm grateful it did. I needed those smiles and something to take my poor, tired mind off of all that it has to think of.

No comments: