I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Importance

Day 203

It's something I know and yet realize over and over again. But with this "new" position I've had for 6 months, especially this very difficult time of the position itself and in my life in general, I am really realizing how important a spouse is. How important it is to have that best friend to lean on during your hard times, and be the support they need in their tough times. How important it is to be loved and to be needed. To have the give and take that makes human existence worthwhile, meaningful, purposeful, and wonderful.

And I really, really miss my best friend...whomever he is.

But at least I have this time of preparation; and I think part of my preparation is gaining a testimony of the importance of, joy in, and gratitude for my eternal companion, which will always remain with me, come what may.

No comments: