I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Just One Day

Day 208

Considering some of the thoughts of the day, and then especially this evening, I am having a very hard time being of good cheer. These are the moments when I must focus even harder on what good did occur in the day. For there is always good to find. There are always tender mercies of the Lord that came my way. And it is my task to find them, hold to them, and be grateful for them.

So as I search, and try not to repeat any of the same grateful-for things I think I've been saying over and over for the last few weeks, the sadness wants to prevail.

But I will not let it. I am choosing to find some happiness, that I may have some happiness.

And I choose the many compliments, reassurances, and pats-on-the back of how I'm doing in my job, which all came in just one day.

It's nice to know I do something right.

No comments: