I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Remember When

Day 199

I get nostalgic on Sundays. So I watched a VHS home movie of when my Beehives and I made a video letter for the missionaries serving from our ward. It was only about 4 1/2 years ago. Only. Really. But it seems forever and a day! And to see how much the ward members have changed. Particularly how the young ones have grown up.

But I got to see my little brother when he was, well, little.

And a couple of my brothers and their wives.

And a couple of nieces and nephews when they were so tiny--nursery age, if that!

And young men who are now on missions.

Goodness. Two of the 4 elders we mailed the letter (and all the treats) to have been married for a year.

One of the young women has been married for 2 or 3 years!

So much change. But it all made me smile.

And then I saw myself sing "Popular" in the Ward Talent Show.


And I remembered why I rarely ever watch that video!



Oh well--at least I have some way to relive the not-too-distant past when I want, and smile at the memories but be grateful for my present life.

No comments: