I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Long Prayers, Short Prayers--All are Answered

Day 191

Not much can compare to a day where you can take part in every ordinance in the temple. Especially when 3 or those ordinances are for your own family! The sealing session was very special, and each name (5 sons and 1 couple) was a tender, precious moment for me. And how wonderful to have listened to the Spirit Wed. night and actually be able to prepare 14 names for the branch's baptism session!!! I was amazed, and yet so happy. So many amazing experiences.

But it didn't end there! Let me back up first. Due to upsetting circumstances, I had to go up by myself. So I decided to make the most of it and I had an Enos prayer. Yep. The whole drive. And all throughout my time at the temple. Well, we had a lot to talk about! And it was wonderful. I also felt the Lord's guiding hand as I avoided possible collisions and crashes with the on-and-off again torrential rains. I still made it up there in 3 hours (with a restroom break!). Which allowed for all the time to take part in all the ordinances.

So, for the ride back, I was asked if I would have a sister come along with me. We were VT companions for a few months, and now she is my VT. Even after being in the same branch for so long, neither of us felt we knew each other that well. I wondered what the ride home would be like. That was the shortest drive home from the temple I've ever had. And one of the most enjoyable. And I didn't get the headache that I always get when I have to drive to that temple. What a gem she is! We learned that we have so much in common. And we never ran out of things to talk about--in fact, we left plenty of conversations unfinished. I love friends like that!

And she was an answer to so many prayers over the last few days and weeks. Here I've been longing for some friendship in the branch--and there she had been waiting all this time! Not only that, she's my VT--who should be my friend! And she lives nearby. And I already knew she was the sweetest thing out there. And we have things in common! And both enjoyed each other's company and conversation! (And I got to introduce her to Wicked which always seals a friendship!!!) And unintentionally, she put to rest some major self-esteem issues I've been enduring over the last 2 months. Those were some of the best hours I've had in many, many weeks!

I feel so, so uplifted after such a long, full day!

A thousand little joys in just one day, and I am so grateful for every single one!

1 comment:

Jess said...

This makes me happy inside.