I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Sunday, April 3, 2011

It was the Best


Day 93

I was right. Best. Conference. Ever.

So far!

I’d stayed the night at my brother’s. So I got to have nieces and nephew around in the morning as I got ready. Then my parents and I were off in the snowy white early morning to Conference. For the first session, we headed straight to the Joseph Smith Memorial building. I’ve watched Conference there before. I can’t remember full details, but I believe I had tried to get in on stand-by, and it didn’t work. But I had loved watching Conference on a humongous screen!

It was the same this time. And it was such a wonderful session, of course. More messages that were so great to hear. Wonderful sharing it with my parents, too. But the last song. When the choir sang “The Spirit of God,” I truly felt the Spirit so strongly. It was very powerful and I could scarcely breathe from trying to hold in the tears. I don’t think I’ll ever be able to hear that song again without remembering just how strong the spirit was. I hope so at least.

Then after the session, the excitement mounted even more. We crossed the street among the crowd of Conference-goers. We ate our little lunch among the snow-melting trees. Then we got in line. And then we were inside!! And then we were some of the very first to get our seats—right at the edge of the lower balcony!!!! (Hey, I did tell you I’m a nerd.) They were wonderful seats and I was so excited to be with my parents actually there in the Conference Center for a Conference session.

And it was wonderful. A most beautiful and joyous experience to share with my parents. And I am grateful the Savior made such an amazing blessing possible for me, one which I hope to never forget.

No comments: