I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Monday, April 4, 2011

Food and Memories


Day 94

We don’t often get to go out often as a family. When we get together, we do try. This morning, we went to Cracker Barrel. Mom and Dad don’t have one where they live now. Sad day. Cracker Barrel definitely became “the thing” for the younger part of the family. We still want on long road trips as the older kids and we younger kids were still around. And Cracker Barrel became the staple of those trips. Indeed, one trip I think every restaurant stop was at a Cracker Barrel!

It is a love that I’m grateful to share with my parents and younger siblings. A kind of bond that reminds me we were still a family, even if things weren’t as they were when we were very young. Plus, it is also something that we can share with our parents when there are things our oldest siblings share with the parents that we do not. It’s like a symbol of a family always changing and yet growing—and hopefully closer together.

I love that the Lord reminds me of the memories that our family has worked to create together, no matter where we were or what situation we were in or who was actually in the home. Forever families. Forever memories.

No comments: