I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Saturday, April 16, 2011

All Day Long


Day 106

I had the pleasure of avoiding a marathon on my way to work today. I knew it was occurring, so I left much earlier and tried taking other routes. It wasn’t too bad, even with a couple of extra detours I ended up having to make. I still got to work on time. And I enjoyed seeing these people in the race. Being a “runner” myself, I know the pains and sacrifices and determination and exhilarations that can come from running the race. Whether a running race, or the race of life.

Today’s pain was related to one of my stomach episodes. And in spite of that, I still was able to go to a tri-stake activity and enjoy being with friends from my ward (since that as mostly who showed up). I even stuck around after dinner for an hour of the dance. I didn’t dance much. But I was there. And I had fun with the people there, and am grateful for how welcoming and inviting they were to me—even in my pain.

I’m also grateful for “my water,” as it has made these stomach episodes so much more bearable than they were for many years.

And I’m grateful that the Lord was with me all day in helping me see these things to be grateful for!

No comments: