I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Sunday, October 12, 2008

Pressing On

[from today's entry in my online journal]:
I don't like the days when I'm emotional and haven't a clue what the cause is. I guess there really isn't one cause. More like a whole lot of little things all together. And maybe a here or there big thing, too. But the reason I am beginning to think is it's just one of those times that I once wrote about almost 2 years ago:

Elder Oaks' talk also had a part that helped me realize that sometimes we are brought to these trials simply to feel the spirit more strongly and gain strength because of the weak condition that we are in.

Whatever it all is, I know of a surety that the Savior understands all I am going through. And I never feel left alone for His Spirit is constantly with me. As it will be in my race in 6 days, this is just a matter of pressing forward until this particular Whatever has passed. I'm so grateful that I have the comforting reassurance that has come in and through the answers to my prayers, as well as my blessing from last week that I can draw much from.

In other news, I just learned that my grandmother's sister passed away over a week ago. This leaves Grandma--the youngest of 24--the last of James Madison Flake's 24 children alive on earth today. It is something that puts awe in my heart as those generations are passing, and yet knowing Grandma already has 3 generations of posterity following after her. And, most importantly, following the Savior's teachings. The Plan of Salvation and the doctrine of Eternal Families bring me such happiness. They truly make death but a simple passing from the arms of loved ones on earth to the arms of loved ones on the other side of the veil. I will not be too sorrowful when Grandma excitedly rejoins her 23 siblings as well as her very dear best friend and husband. But I will still cherish what time she has left on earth with the rest of us.

No comments: