I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

I Support Proposition 8

To show my support for Proposition 8 (occurring in California and other such measures also taking place elsewhere in the U.S.), for the next while I am going to write entries concerning my belief in, support of, and fight for true marriage--between a man and a woman. It is ordained of God and I take my stand where I need to in this.

If you are interested in knowing where my church and religion stand, here is an official website they have put forth. It supports Proposition 8.

If you are interested in knowing where I stand, I will tell you that I am not only in favor of Proposition 8, I am completely and whole-heartedly in favor of marriage being only between a man and a woman. That the family is the basic unit of society and without the proper support of 2-gender parenting, a family will stumble, falter, and very possibly fail.

One of the main purposes of marriage is procreation. In other words, creating life. Not just supporting it or sustaining it. Creating it. It is biologically impossible for two people of the same gender to create life. It is absurd and was never meant to be. Personally, I also think it's rather disgusting. Gleaning what I could from a then-popular movie I saw 10 years ago (which I would never watch again, mind you), Meg Ryan's character even said, "We were made to fit together." With electricity, two male connectors together or two female connectors together do not conduct or convey a power that leads to production. So, too, in humans. If you cannot create life in your marriage (infertility obviously excluded), then what you have is not and should never be considered a marriage.

I don't state my beliefs and feelings as well as others. And I am very supportive with how "right on" our Church leaders state things. Here is an article/talk that Elder David Bednar (a member of the Quorum of the 12 Apostles) gave about marriage. Fantastic. I highly recommend.

No comments: