I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Being Selfless to Build the Family

Always good to keep this in mind whenever making decisions that affect ourselves, our future, and our family.

"Periodically one might well ask, 'If I continue to travel the road I am currently following, where will it lead me and what will happen to my family?' Are we establishing the foundation for an eternal family, or are we focusing more on the pride of personal accomplishments and a collection of temporal trophies that are taking precedence over the things that should really matter most? Regardless of our age and stage in life, daily obedience to gospel principles is the only sure way to eternal happiness."

--Elder Donald L Staheli, Life’s Great Challenge, May 1998 Ensign pg 81

No comments: