I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Monday, October 6, 2008

Amazing Grace Indeed

[today's entry in my online journal]:

Not much time to write. But I couldn't miss making a comment about General Conference. It was better than I'd hoped for. It always is! And there were so many talks that were all meant for me!...and 14 million others. :-) I had prayed for uplifting, rejuvenating, and inspiring. That's what I got and then some. After the things that have been occurring in my life, Conference was a much-needed event. But I did not realize that the weekend had not been complete until last night, when I received a most wonderful and amazing blessing that I cannot enough express my gratitude for. This weekend has lifted me up and given me the push I needed to start on my way again.

The Lord and His Gospel and all that that encompasses are the most magnificent parts of my life. I know He is ever mindful of me. And in His mind I am not so much an idiot as I am simply human and weak and silly. I am not the inadequate, unattractive, stupid, immature, unprogressive person that I have been feeling. I am a daughter of God, who really does love me. And the Savior loves me. And knows me. And is always there for me. I cannot fail with Him at my side. 

Through many dangers, toils and snares
I have already come;
'Tis Grace that brought me safe thus far
and Grace will lead me home.

The Lord has promised good to me.
His word my hope secures.
He will my shield and portion be,
As long as life endures.

P.S. Two definitions of grace: a. the freely given, unmerited favor and love of God. b.
the influence or spirit of God operating in humans to regenerate or strengthen them.

No comments: