I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Saturday, September 27, 2008

Spiritual Uplift

Sometimes going to things for Church can be so hard. Why? Because I cannot contain all of the Spirit that I'm feeling. It literally overflows and hate having any of it escape! Tonight was yet another wonderful meeting. 

I felt lifted by the General Relief Society Presidency's messages. Especially Sister Allred's talk. It was about temples and it was a talk members everywhere need to hear! Her story which she shared at the beginning is exactly why I get furious with anyone who complains about what it takes to get to the temple. I quote the movie Amazing Grace: "No distance would be too great" and further add "No sacrifice would be too great." There are too many members who need to get their priorities straight. In other words, Savior first; self, last. And the Savior has asked us to attend the temple as often as we can--no matter what! I'm sorry. I will never be able to understand or accept the complaints of others or lack of action whenever the temple is concerned. 

Well, the R.S. Presidency's words and messages are always empowering and comforting and great to hear. But it's when one of the brethren gives these messages that the effect is triple fold for me. See: the power and influence a righteous, Priesthood-holding man can have is very strong...at least in my life. President Uchtdorf gave such a fantastic talk that I cannot wait to have the printed version in hand. So, so good. Absolutely powerful. I knew September was one of the best months ever. Just look at what wonderful spiritual additions to my life have come in the last 4 weeks. CES Fireside aside, September boasts the wonderful R.S. broadcast. I always did consider it one of my birthday presents.

If you can listen to tonight's broadcast, I highly recommend it. Particularly President Uchtdorf's talk. Amazing.

No comments: