I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Friday, September 12, 2008

Never Alone

Seriously, there are little minions out there who watch for any time I start to find happiness and come swarming in to beat me down. Well, that's how it feels any way. Tonight was especially bad. Ever notice how prolonged crying just leaves you completely spent and exhausted? But then, it's a perfect state of being for the Spirit to flow in and through with his  peace and/or comfort. Sometimes it's one. Sometimes it's both. I am no where near peace right now. But I am being comforted. I just need someone to hold me. I need the Savior to send me someone who can physically hold me. Keep me from feeling so absolutely alone and misunderstood. But then I just have to squelch that temporal need and remember the spiritual truth that the Savior will never leave me alone. And He understands. 

"He knows your heart. He knows your pain. He knows the strength it took just to simply breathe today....He knows your soul is aching....He knew there'd be moments when no earthly words could take away your sorrow and no human eyes can see what you're going through. When you've taken your last step and done all that you can do, He will lift your heavy load and carry you." 

I testify of this, for it has happened many times with me. The Savior does not abandon me even when the world and those around me do.

No comments: