I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Monday, September 22, 2008

A Most Special Day

[from today's entry in my online journal]:

Being a human calendar means my mind is full of dates--birthdays, anniversaries, holidays, and whatnot. But, being a human calendar means I get some things confused, or can't quite remember what a certain day is. Example: Yesterday I went the whole day knowing it was something. I knew something happened on the 21st. I knew it wasn't a birthday. I knew it wasn't the first day of fall. That's today! (Happy Autumn!!!!)

It wasn't until this morning when I read on our family website a posting from my mother. A hugely significant event in our family--and I couldn't remember! Well, I do now and thought I would share: It was my Dad's 40th Baptism Anniversary. (I could be a year off on that.) A most momentous occasion and one I cherish as much as my own Baptism Anniversary (18 years in a month!). Without the decision my father made, we 8 children and 16 grandchildren, well, who knows where we would be. And the countless lives my father has affected because of his testimony and service in the Church.... I know the Lord is pleased with my father and the life he works hard at to live.

He is a most amazing man. Beyond description! And still so human. Is it any wonder that I would want to marry a young man with similar qualities: Total focus and dedication to the Lord and His Gospel, firm testimony, active advocate of missionary work, a silly sense of humor, an immense love for his family, a constant concern for and service to his Father's children, and more. I'm glad he's my dad! :-) Though I could never say it enough, thank you for everything! I love you, Baba!

No comments: