I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Sunday, September 28, 2008

A New Branch of Zion

[an update I wrote on the Tice Family Website]:

The Chesapeake YSA branch has now officially been organized. It was really exciting to be there for that and to raise my arm to the square to show my support. It has personally been a long road getting here in many ways. I'm glad I was able to help add to things by playing the piano for the meeting. The spirit was so very, very strong throughout. While I agree with how Dad feels about YSA branches where YSAs are not plentiful, I also have a personal witness that this branch is what the Lord wants. And it has come about by something Pres. Hinckley advised over a year ago.  

Our leadership is amazing. And though it is small, it is made up of young people who have such energy and enthusiasm for life and strong testimonies of the Gospel. They are quite young and I sense "YW days" in some things, but I loved being among the YW when I was in my early 20s and I don't think loving being around that silliness has changed. You cannot beat such love for the Gospel and willingness to do what the Lord asks. I know I'm only a few years older than them, but I can't help feeling like I'm turning around and looking at The Rising Generation. They truly are wonderful. I haven't any clue what the Lord has in mind, but I feel such excitement and wonder and joy with this new branch. These next few months will be so exciting and I'm so grateful that I chose for myself and will be part of it all.

"...the Standard of Truth has been erected; no unhallowed hand can stop the work from progressing; persecutions may rage, mobs may combine, armies may assemble, calumny may defame, but the truth of God will go forth boldly, nobly, and independent, till it has penetrated every continent, visited every clime, swept every country, and sounded in every ear, till the purposes of God shall be accomplished and the Great Jehovah shall say the work is done.” (-Joseph Smith)

Isn't it wonderful!!!

No comments: