I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Special Day

This day is special albeit bittersweet because 26 years ago (in about 1 hour and 13 minutes) I came into the world--to experience the glorious blessing of having a body and being on the road to salvation, as outlined in the Plan of Salvation (aka Plan of Happiness!). It is bitter and sad because I had to leave Heavenly Father's presence and enter a world full of sin and temptation and many things not of our Father. Yet it is sweet and wonderful because
  1. There are plenty of things that are of our Father
  2. I now had the opportunity to experience things I would never have had the chance in our premortal existence
  3. I now had a chance to grow and to prove myself to Father
  4. And to top it off, I would now get to do all of that while being placed into an amazing family and later being blessed to have marvelous friends to help me along

26 years of that. I'm not ever quite sure how I'm doing. Often I know I fall very far behind. I am greatly flawed and sadly lacking in so much. But many blessings have told me that Father is pleased with me. I hope to continue living and learning and growing so that He may always be pleased with me. And I know that if I do all I can and if I will follow my Savior and keep His commandments, He will reach over the distance, making up for what I could never accomplish on my own, and thus help me return to our Father--where I hope that I and my family (present and future) will be blessed with exaltation.

No comments: