I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

The Irony

This devotional was given only two days before the world changed. My world changed. And yet the Lord's prophet of all the world believed this of me, and the rest of my generation. How could I not press on? "Courage...and on, on to victory!"

"The world is full of naysayers who think that people your age have lost their way. I disagree. Let me say that I am very proud of you. I think you are the finest generation this Church has ever produced. Because of you, I have no fear concerning the future. You are ambitious. You are trustworthy. You are loyal to the Church and its principles. You have great confidence in one another. You work together with love and appreciation and respect one for another. You are faithful, and you are true."

Gordon B. Hinckley, "Be Not Afraid, Only Believe," CES Fireside for Young Adults, Sept. 9, 2001

No comments: