I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

The Lord Behind It All

Day 159

I had a very fun date tonight.

Kind of.

It was in-class. And an assignment of sorts. But it was so fun and enjoyable. Conversation evoking laughter, sympathy, understanding, tenderness, dreams, and feeling the Spirit. Awkwardness at the beginning that was quickly gotten over as we knew there it was just us, talking. As we cared about the other and tried to put them at ease. It may have helped that our teacher was orchestrating the topics of our conversations. And I thought how in regular dating, the Lord should be orchestrating what we do and what we talk about. The Spirit should be present. For the sympathy, the understanding, the tenderness, the fun. Because when the Spirit is present and we think of the other person--helping them have fun, enjoy themselves, feel safe and secure, feel good about themselves, and more--it is a truly enjoyable and successful date. And, as my teacher put it, we should always leave our date a better person. Meaning both of us.

I love this class the Lord has sent me to, because it has me now not only excited about dating, but seeing so much more to it.

Today's Smile: The toddlers who came to my program. They got to have all kinds of fun--and I loved seeing them smile!

Today's Something New: Guys actually wouldn't mind if a girl brought coupons to a restaurant on a date. I wouldn't mind bringing them and offering them, but I suspected guys would look at me like a was nutty, over-the-top thrifty Molly Mormon. So, maybe I can be thrifty and not thought a nut or over-the-top.

No comments: