I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Safe

Day 153

Yesterday in my dating class, we discussed how security is very important to women. Very, very true.

And then in today's financial class, Dave Ramsey had all single men stand up and told them (more than once) about the importance of security to women. He joked and said women have a security gland that men do not. It is something they will never understand. But what they do need to understand is that if they plan to marry a woman, they need to know that she has this need for security and that they are the ones who need to provide it.

It is very true. It is something I have learned for myself as I have had to be my family of one for many years. It is stressful, tiring, and never quite satisfactory as I try to provide full security for myself. So often I just want to be taken care of. I want to be held. Reassured that everything is OK.

It's nice to know it is natural for me to feel this way. That it is something I'm looking for because it truly is something I innately need. (The Proclamation on the Family backs this up!)

I love how the Lord connects things for me to help me understand better and find comfort from difficult things in life.

Today's Smile: The mother who wanted books in French for her little girl smiled when I gave her simple and free options for what we don't have.

Today's Something New: I started reading a book about Laura Bridgman. I knew she was a deaf and blind girl born well before Helen Keller (a heroine of mine), and that her story of learning to communicate was inspirational to Helen Keller's story. What I learned today was that Laura, who lost her 2 older sisters, her sight, and her hearing to scarlet fever, also lost most of her sense of taste and smell. Left with only one sense. Can you imagine? They always tell you when one sense goes, another is heightened. Helen Keller could still smell and taste--and did so well. But Laura--she lost 4 senses. There was only one left. And it certainly was heightened! It makes her challenges, trials, progress, triumphs, and victories that much more, um, WOW. 

No comments: